Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) – Blueprint Reading
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Quality Inspectors, On-line Operators, Product Engineers, Purchasers and APQP project team members.
Engineering drawings are the basis for communicating the requirements for a part from design to manufacturing to inspection. This one-day seminar focuses on the skills needed to interpret the views, notes, tolerances and symbols found on a print per ASME Y14.5 and ISO1101 and GB/T 1182. The course is intended for those at any level, from beginners to those requiring a refresher of design and drafting concepts.
• Understand the basic blueprint format and symbols.
• Learn to read basic blueprints.
• Learn to apply the basic GD&T tolerance to the blueprint.
• Learn to use the basic mechanical print for production, purchasing or marketing purposes.
This course is offered in a dynamic and practical way with minamal lecture and more focus on student workshop breakouts and discussion.
• Drawing Conventions
• Reading Multi-view Drawings
• Standard Features
• Tolerancing Methods
Each participant will receive a seminar manual with case studies.