This two-day course is designed help you understand the content and intent of the process audit approach as defined in VDA 6.3. The scope of this process audit is the entire product (or service) development process including the post-launch phase in the automotive industry. VDA 6.3 is one of many documents produced by the VDA (Verband der Automobilindustrie), an interest group of the German automobile manufacturers and component suppliers. It has been adopted by German automakers as a supplier requirement.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Quality Practitioners, Auditors, Implementation Team Members, Management Representatives, Manufacturing Managers, Project Planners and engineers with no prior knowledge of VDA 6.3. A separate 4-hour Overview class is available for executive management.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
At least two years of automotive experience in manufacturing, quality or related discipline is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook for use in class exercises, role plays and discussions.
Understand the requirements of VDA 6.3Complete a preliminary document review (for on-site classes)Prepare an implementation or â€œnext stepsâ€ plan (for on-site classes)
- VDA Overview
- Auditor Qualifications and Code of Behavior
- Using the VDA 6.3 Questionnaire
- Project Management
- Planning the Product & Process Development
- Carrying out the Product & Process Development
- Supplier Management
- Serial Production
- Customer Support, Customer Satisfaction, Service Services
- Using the Potential Supplier Assessment
- Conducting a Document Review (on-site classes only)
- Document Review of P2 â€“ Project Management
- Implementation Plan for VDA 6.3 (on-site classes only)
- Gap Analysis - Documentation review
- Process Owners and Cross functional teams
- Documentation Development and Implementation
- Conducting Internal Audits and Management Reviews