This one-day seminar is designed to provide participants with an understanding of how the risk management elements of Advanced Product Quality Planning help ensure successful launches based on robust New Product Development processes, as well as how to employ the same tools to manage continual improvement in products and processes. The multidisciplinary approach to APQP knowledge management is stressed as essential to shortening development cycle times and reducing launch risk in new product introduction.
Who Should Attend
Senior Managers, and Individuals with direct responsibility for introducing new products or new manufacturing technologies will benefit from this seminar.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
- Basic understanding of management systems
- Some exposure to the NPD process
Each participant will receive course material including breakout exercises.
- Understand the five phases of APQP and the benefits of the APQP strategy.
- Identify the inputs and outputs for the five phases.
- Match the deliverables with the phases of APQP.
- Understand Phase V and the purpose of feedback, assessment and corrective action.
- Understand the latest APQP ideas for improving quality and reducing costs.
- APQP Overview
- Breakout Exercise: Inputs and Outputs of APQP
- Phase I – Plan and Define Program
- Breakout Exercise: Planning and Development Inputs
- Breakout Exercise: Risk Categories and Impacts
- Breakout Exercise: The Value of Key Phase I Deliverables
- Phase II – Product Design and Development
- Breakout Exercise: The Value of Key Phase II Deliverables
- Phase III – Process Design and Development
- Breakout Exercise: The Value of Key Phase III Deliverables
- Phase IV – Product and Process Validation
- Phase V – Feedback, Assessment and Continual Improvement