This two-day seminar will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to design, conduct and analyze industrial experiments using the Taguchi approach. Basic principles of experimental design and their applications to quality and productivity improvement projects will be presented.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is especially useful for individuals who want to understand and apply a collection of formal experimental procedures specifically designed to identify optimal process conditions. Quality engineers, Six Sigma Black Belts and those assigned responsibility for leading quality and productivity improvement teams will benefit from participating in this seminar.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A basic knowledge of computational mathematics and a practical understanding of elementary applied statistics will be helpful.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual. Worksheets and spreadsheets for analyzing factorial experiments will also be provided.
Understand Taguchi Design of Experiment vs. Full Factorial Experiments
Demonstrate how to use Taguchi DOE methodology in the product realization process
Apply Taguchi DOE to analyze and improve everyday work / issues
Experimental Design Analysis
- What is Experimental Design Analysis?
- How is Experimental Design Analysis used in Product Realization Process?
- Types of Experimental Design Analysis
Taguchi DOE Approach
- What is DOE & why is the name Taguchi associated with it?
- Three-Stage Design Process
- Introduction to Loss Function
- Selecting Orthogonal Array
- The Taguchi 6-Step Process