This two day seminar covers all phases of the team approach to identifying and solving problems, based on the eight-discipline methodology. The Global 8D Process is taught using a real life case study.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for individuals and teams who are responsible for identifying, solving and eliminating problems that hinder quality, productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants should possess the ability and/or desire to work with small groups of people in a cooperative and productive manner to achieve planned objectives.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual, including a complete package of problem solving worksheets and checklists for each step of the process, as well as all team exercise materials.
- Demonstrate an ability to complete all sections of an 8D report
- Explain the relationship of all the different entries on an 8D
- Evaluate an existing 8D to determine its effectiveness
- Demonstrate the linkage between 8D and FMEA
- Problem Solving Overview
- D1: Form Team
- D2: Describe the Problem
- Breakout Exercise: Problem Identification and Containment
- D3: Contain Symptoms – Implement and Verify Interim Actions
- Breakout Exercise: Interim Containment Actions
- D4: Find and Verify Root Causes
- Breakout Exercise: Root Cause Analysis
- D5: Select Permanent Corrective Actions
- Breakout Exercise: Corrective Actions
- Decision Making
- D6: Implement Permanent Corrective Actions
- Breakout Exercise: Implementing and Validating the PCA
- D7: Prevent System Problems
- D8: Closure and Team Congratulation
- Breakout Exercise: Preventive Action and Close-Out
- Final Reviews to Confirm Competency