This two day workshop introduces Value Stream Mapping to measure and define process improvement opportunities. It looks at all of the actions required to bring raw material through the organization and to the customer as final product. Once the process is 'visualized', a plan can be developed to increase flow and reduce waste.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is intended for those responsible for Leading Lean manufacturing projects that will follow this planning exercise.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR COURSE
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook including workshop exercises.
- Develop an understanding of the Lean improvement philosophy, process and tools
- Develop knowledge and skills for creating current and future state value stream maps
- Create a current state map, future state map and a Lean project deployment plan for one of your product families.
- Create a roadmap to attain the "Future State"
This seminar introduces Value Stream Mapping to measure and define the process improvement opportunities.
- Drawing Current State Maps
- Measuring Current Performance
- Analyzing the Current State
- Drawing Future State Maps
- Gap Analysis – Future State versus Current State Performance
- Measuring the Savings from Lean Projects
Participants will analyze and document the current state value stream for a case study. They will then create a future state value stream map that identifies and quantifies the opportunities for improving process performance through the deployment of Lean Manufacturing technologies. The result will be the development of a roadmap to achieve the "Future State."